Senior vs. Freshman Questions

Marie E. Rodriguez

(left to right) Andre Prystupa and Alan Mendez.

Marie E. Rodriguez, Editor In Chief

Andre Prystupa (senior) vs. Alan Mendez (freshman)

When was the last time you tried something new?

Prystupa: “Last month, I tried singing at the Thespian Club’s Cafe Night.”

Mendez: “Yesterday, I was at Potato Corner and instead of French Fries, I got tater tots.”

Describe your goals for this school year.

Prystupa: “Mainly to graduate but as well as finishing in the top 15% of my class. I hope to keep up my grades and finish the best I can.”

Mendez: “I would like to do as many mandatory classes as possible so I won’t have to do them in my later years.”

Who inspires you to do well in school?

Prystupa: “My mother, she loves education and encourages me to take classes at Pierce College when I’m not doing anything. For her, there’s always something to learn.”

Mendez:  “My mom inspired me to succeed in school because if I don’t, she’ll get mad.”

What would you do different if you were reborn?

Prystupa: “I would try to cherish the little things and spend more time with my lost loved ones.”

Mendez: “If I was reborn, I’d pay more attention in my math classes so it wouldn’t be so hard today. I would also start a homework schedule that I would stick to.”

If you could ask one person, dead or alive, one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?

Prystupa: “I would ask ‘Che’ Guevara why did he enter into so many revolutions and why did he risk his life for his belief.”

Mendez: “If I were to ask one person one question, I would ask any dead person what happens after you die.”

What does it mean to be truly happy?

Prystupa: “Being truly happy is appreciating the things you already have; it’s feeling loved and feeling like you belong.”

Mendez: “I believe that happiness is having no worries.”