An Enchanted Night: Prom 2016

Alex Beattie

The Sherwood Country Club

Marie E. Rodriguez, Editor-In-Chief

The Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks was full of life on Saturday, May 14th, 2016. The Class of 2016 packed the venue exactly at seven in the evening when the prom began. The Sherwood Country Club is set at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains and is a private, member-owned golf and country club. Davina Evans, a senior prom attendee, believed that “the venue was beautiful.” Great golfing stars such as Tiger Woods spend their free time golfing at this elite country club. The high status of this club set high expectations for the class of 2016!

A caricature drawn at the Sherman Oaks Country Club at the 2016 BCCHS Prom.

First, most students began their night with a meal. With many food options such as mashed potatoes, pasta Alfredo, salad, veggies, seasoned chicken, and a nice, soft roll of bread, no one was left with an empty stomach. Aside from the amazing food, there were also many other entertaining aspects to the prom. A photo booth and caricature drawings were available for free for all who were in attendance. White Studios was also offering professional prom pictures as well. All attendees were content with the unique ideas to capture the moment provided by the country club.

The disk jockey also allowed for a momentous and memorable night! Songs such as the “Cha-Cha Slide,” “Trap Queen,” “Work,” and “All of Me” helped set the mood for the night! Towards the end of the evening, there was still some room for dessert! The country club provided desserts such as cookies, brownies, and lemonade for everyone to snack on from nine o’clock until the end of the night! All that food sure didn’t stop anyone from dancing!

The senior prom ended just a couple minutes before midnight and left all seniors with smiles on their faces and adrenaline in their bloodstreams. Evans commented on her overall experience by stating “I had a very,very good time and I’m happy I went.” Due to the hard work of the BCCHS prom committee, the faculty, and staff, the 2016 senior prom was considered a great success by all!