The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Helen Rivera

Helen Rivera, Front Page Editor

Helen Rivera transferred to Birmingham Community Charter High School her sophomore year. She is now in her Junior year of High School. She takes part as a staff writer for the Patriot Post. Helen chose to transfer because her old high school was not offering enough opportunities for her to enjoy.At school she is very involved in many electives, including Design, Journalism, and Dance. Helen is the Co-Captain of the BCCHS JV Dance Team.

Her goals for this school year are to get good grades in her classes because she knows that Junior year is probably the most important year of High School. Another goal she has set is to prepare her team to win 1st place in competition. Helen wants to enjoy her senior year as much as possible so she is going to put all her time and energy into doing the best possible her Junior year.  She is very excited for what this school year has in store for her.

Helen loves going out and hates staying home, because she believes time is priceless. This summer Helen went out a lot with friends and family. Helen loves exciting things and having adventures such as rollercoasters, jumping into waterfalls, snorkeling, hiking etc. The top two things on her bucket list are skydiving, and being able to buy her parents their own house. She loves different types of music, such as, alternative, hip-hop, and reggaeton. She enjoys trying new foods, but asian food is her favorite.

In the future she hopes to get into a 4 year college, she is still unsure of what she would like to major in. She hopes that during the first two years of college she will be able to decide. A few things she does show interest in is working for the FBI and being a part of BAU. Another thing she likes at the moment is business but she is still unassertive to which felid of business to enter.

All content by Helen Rivera