Appreciate High School Homework Because College Homework is Intense!

You’re not allowed to slack off on college coursework. Nope.

Phillip Lemus, Opinion Editor

High school is easy, academically. That won’t be the case for 2020’s incoming college undergraduates, though.  Undergraduates are students working on their bachelor’s degree while graduate students are working on their master’s degree or their Ph.D.

College students working joyously.

Objectively, the rigor of high school academia is pretty straightforward for most: you’re given an assignment/homework, you do it by the next class period/due date, and the time crunch of daily class eases the expectation, since generally most homework is due soon.

That feeling evolves in college. So much about college academics are different than traditional high school academics, though, which is odd since every college undergrad discovers that same reality immediately at some time during their college experience. High schoolers are given more generous help from their teachers than most traditional college professors, seeing as most undergrads are solely responsible for their work and are expected to understand what they’re being lectured on. If they need help, they ask for guidance, and, depending on the college, class sizes may vary by a large number, from possibly 25 to a staggering 1,600 students. There’s less time in college classes, with breaks in between classes and entire classes separated throughout the week. Assignments given out in college are few, but are quite important to understand and to do. It’s mind-blowing in practice to keep up with the coursework!

High schoolers, generally, are usually accustomed to change or completely naive to change. It is because of this ambiguity that undergrads only gradually gain appreciation for straightforwardness within their lives; nevertheless, life just gets more complex during and after higher education, but life will be probably work out just fine. There’s a rule of thumb for students that follows well after college: if you can micromanage yourself and/or others, there’s no reason that you can’t pursue your ideas and goals.

Picasa
Classrooms such as these are fairly common, so focus!