BCCHS Animation Club & Culinary Club Combined for Magical Halloween Movie Night

Valerie Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Birmingham Community Charter High School, a school with a wide variety of clubs, likes to feature club activities that also act as fun fundraisers. Last October, the Animation Club decided to make a collaboration with the Culinary Club with a Halloween Movie night on October 29, 2021.

The two clubs decided to show the 1984 film Ghostbusters, and the admission was six dollars.  Included in the price was a box with a Commemorative Pin that the Animation Club designed specifically for the movie event. Another bonus was the Culinary Club making “Twinkies” from scratch!

The film viewing was located in room H65, as the maximum of 40 people could be in the class room due to C0vid-19 regulations. The movie will started at 3:40 pm right before the Football game that day. The Animation & Culinary Club members were very excited to showcase and show their gratitude for the spooky month of October.

What exactly is the Animation Club? The Animation Club is about students showing their artistic skills through their imagination and creativity. Students also represent it as well as discuss many great films that inspired them to animate or draw. Mrs. Bedrossian and Mrs. Obloy sponsor the Animation Club to help guide students to not feel alone or shy showing the artistic talents.

The Culinary Club is about students showing your creativity through cooking or baking. This helps students express themselves through food and creative food preparation. Ms. Fredrick is the faculty sponsor of the Culinary Club and Abigail Quijano is the president.

The poster for Spooky Movie Night