Boys Basketball Team on the Rise

Boys Basketball Team on the Rise

Carlos Vega, Sports Editor

When was the last time you went to a basketball game? Sure it’s not as popular as our football games but basketball is still a fun and exciting game to watch.  Inexperienced players went through a learning curve and last season we finished with a record of (2-8) which knocked us out of the playoff picture. However, this is expected to change very soon. Our boys have been training very hard day in and day out in order to improve the team for the upcoming season which begins in the month of January. When asked about his expectations for the upcoming season, varsity guard Eddie Moran, whose in his third and last year, said “We’ve been practicing since August and we’re more than ready!” Varsity forward Alex Pezqued added in “My expectations are to be a lot better than last year.” Alex also said that the team picked up a few new players including Dallas Johnson, Adrian Byrd, and D’morea who’s an impressive 6 foot 7 inch center from New York. These additional players are ready to show off their skills and contribute to the team’s success in the upcoming season. The Birmingham Patriot Basketball Team has its next  non-conference game against Kennedy High School on Saturday, December 6th, so come and show your support!