Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox Engagement Shocks Fans

Genivive Chavez, Student Life Editor

Rapper Machine Gun Kelly and actress Megan Fox have recently become engaged after a year and a half of dating. The couple got engaged on January 12, 2022, leaving many fans shocked and some even disgusted at their engagement announcement via Instagram.

Fox wrote a heartfelt paragraph expressing her love for her new fiance; however, she ended the paragraph with “and then we drank each other’s blood.” This statement caused many people to talk and criticize their relationship.

Megan Fox’s engagement ring has both her birthstone (emerald) and her fiance’s birthstone (diamond)

This isn’t the only thing that shocked many fans as MGK shared in an up-close interview an explanation on the engagement ring via Instagram. He shared the meaning behind the custom ring designed by him and Stephen Webster. He explained how he used both of their birthstones that “draw together as two halves of the same soul forming the obscure heart that is our love”. What shocked many fans was that he had said that her ring was also designed to have thorns so that it hurt if she ever tried to take it off.

The couple has undergone a lot of criticism in the past for doing things such as linking each other by a chain manicure and attending a Hollywood party like that. Another thing fans have found weird was the way they speak and interact with each other.

During an interview that took place at the VMAs, Fox said things such as “whatever daddy says” which many people cringed at. Another thing that got people talking was the outfit that MGK was wearing when he proposed to Megan saying that he looked like he works at Foot Locker.

Machine Gun Kelly was seen spending time with Megan Fox and her kids.

Although the couple undergoes a lot of criticism, the couple has made it official in other ways besides getting engaged, such as meeting each other’s kids and being spotted by paparazzi. MGK also spoke about their relationship on the Howard Stern Show saying he “fell in love for the first time” with Fox. Fox has also called Kelly her “twin flame.” Unlike a soul mate, a twin flame is where a soul has ascended into a high enough level that it can be split into two different bodies at the same time.

The couple has spoken about their wedding plans stating that they want something very dark, yet romantic. They plan to achieve this with red lace and black colors. They also plan to get married sooner than later as they know they are each other’s soul mates.