The Battle for Kim: Kanye West vs. Pete Davidson

Genivive Chavez, Student Life Editor

Rapper Kanye West has recently posted a new music video that features a stop motion figurine of Pete Davidson, his former wife’s new boyfriend, being decapitated.

In the video, we see West dragging a tied-up person who is wearing a bag over their head and who is thought to be Davidson. Then we see West burying the Davidson figurine in the ground and taking the bag off and then planting rose seeds. The next clip is West holding a decapitated head with the lyrics “God saved me from that crash just so I could beat Pete Davidson’s ***.”

Pete Davidson
Pete Davidson

This music video shocked many and caused people to talk. Two days after the music video was released, a friend of Davidson’s released screenshots between West and Davidson since Davidson doesn’t have Instagram. The conversation is started by Davidson who reached out to West asking him to “Please take a second and calm down… I’ve decided I’m not gonna let you treat us this way anymore and I’m done being quiet”.

West replied asking, “Where are you right now?” Davidson then responded with “in bed with your wife.” and attached a picture of himself in bed.

A lot of people were shocked at Davidson’s reply but happy he finally stood up for himself. The conversation between West and Davidson took a little more of a serious turn when Kanye replied saying he was happy to see Davidson was out of the hospital and rehab and then asked Davidson to meet up. Davidson said we can “talk it out in my room. Privately one on one. Man to man.” West then replied, “Come to Sunday service.”

We never saw or expected the two to meet up, and since this interaction, West has deleted all of his Instagram posts regarding Kim Kardashian and Davidson. Since then, Kardashian and Davidson finally came out as together publicly with Kardashian posting various Instagram pictures featuring them together.

Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian