Virtual Spooky Spirit Week 2020 at BCCHS

free Halloween google photos

Destiney Crumpton, Senior Columnist

Last October, the ASB celebrated Spirit Week at Birmingham Community Charter High School. Even with a pandemic, our ASB  was able to pull through to make it a very successful series of events.  Each day was something different with a spooky twist, and some days even had an after-school activity in the evening

The ASB-generated spooky activities calendar told us what each day was and, which after-school activity we could participate in. Those students that participated were recognized online on the Birmingham Instagram page and a few individuals even got to participate in the polls and won a spooky prize.

BCCHS Instagram post (Veronica)

Week One:

Monday, October 19,  was Pajama Day, and we showed Birmingham our favorite PJs, stuffed animals, and fuzzy socks.

Tuesday, October 20, was TikTok Tuesday. Our TikTok’s were inspired by special-effects makeup.

TikTok from Birmingham student @bcchspatriots

Wednesday, October 21, was Pink Out, in which we wore our pink gear and pink makeup.

Thursday, October 22, was Throwback Thursday and we showed pictures of us as a baby, child, pre-teen, or last year in a Halloween costume.

Friday, October 23, was wear your Blue and Gold, or Birmingham gear.

Week Two:

Monday, October 26, was #movienight at Birmingham High. This was a spooky, schoolwide event.

.

Tuesday, October 27, was Makeup Challenge and we had a game night. The game was Among Us.

Wednesday, October 28, was a Ghost Zoom challenge. -Dress up as a ghost for one zoom class, take a picture of yourself, and tag Birmingham.

Thursday, October 29, was a Pumpkin-carving challenge to show your scariest pumpkin carving. And #Superherosvsvillians costume as well.

And we also had a virtual prep rally too that afternoon.

Pumpkin carving from a student at Birmingham Student: (Destiney)

Friday, October 30, was Dress up in your Halloween costume and we had a firework show from our BCCHS Stadium that night.  That was the best way to finish up our Spooky spirit week!

BCCHS student Natalie