Is $210 Too Much for Grad Night at Disneyland?

Yoloxin Tapia Melena, Staff Writer

Grad Night is something all 12th graders should get to experience. It’s an event that schools annually plan for so that the hard-working seniors get to have a fun night together.

Usually, they shut down a theme park like Disneyland and have seniors from high schools near and far join together and have a memorable night. This is also a great chance for seniors to meet other fellow seniors. But all this overnight fun comes with a price. In this case, it’s approximately $210.

If Birmingham seniors want to enjoy this night at Disneyland, it is going to cost them $210. Is that too much?

This is a cost not something every student can afford. Some are not going because the price is something they can’t afford due to upcoming college tuition costs.

Some students might even have to work more shifts at their jobs in order to afford this. Seniors not only have Grad Night to worry about, but they also have the Prom to consider.

With Grad Night, you pay for your ticket, but that doesn’t come with food. Therefore, you’re going to need to bring extra money if you plan on eating and buying things or souvenirs at the gift shops–these extras can cost from $30-$150.

Is Grad Night mandatory? Absolutely not–it’s an option that all seniors have. If they don’t want to go, then they are more than welcome to stay home or do whatever they’d like.  Yet it’s a shame that more can’t be done to make this event more affordable for seniors who can’t afford to attend.

Here is a vintage ticket from Grad Night at Disneyland.

This might be worth every penny though. Not only because you’re having fun with your fellow seniors from Birmingham, but also because there are seniors there from so many other schools. This can be life-changing for some students, as they might meet someone new and form a connection that can be forever.