The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Usher’s Halftime Show at 2024 Super Bowl Exceeded Expectations

Tony Felgueiras
Usher Performing in Toronto Canada, (2011) (photo: Tony Felgueiras Flickr/Creative Commons)

The Super Bowl is the most watched football game of the year, not only because of the actual game but also because of the famous halftime show.  Usher performed for the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show and many fans were looking forward to watching his performance because of the hits he created back in the 2000s.

A lot of people displayed their excitement for his show on TikTok with fans making entertaining content on the platform. The most common song that people hoped for when he performed was “My Boo,” which makes sense considering that this song is one of his biggest hits. Usher also had some guests performing like Alicia Keys, H.E.R., Will.i.am, Ludacris, Lil Jon, and Jermaine Dupri. The audience suspected that he was going to bring out Alicia Keys, but the rest of the guests were shocked by her appearance in the show.

After watching the halftime show, and of course the game between the Chiefs and the 49ers, I had some interest in what other people thought. Elva Colio (39) said, “I enjoyed watching the halftime show, and I used to listen to Usher all the time when I was younger.”

I believe that this performance not only interested the younger audience but also older audiences because of how much of a star Usher was twenty years ago. Colio then added, “I didn’t know anyone else he brought out except Alicia Keys and Ludacris, but they threw an amazing show in my opinion.”

Others also said that they didn’t really watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show, but because their team made it to the Super Bowl. BCCHS student Ethan Lopez (12) stated, “I am just glad that the Chiefs took the win again this year. I am not going to lie, the halftime show wasn’t bad, but in my opinion the halftime in 2022 was way better than the halftime shows in 2023 and 2024.” This statement illustrates the different opinions that other people can have about how good this year’s Super Bowl halftime show was compared to previous years.

We can now wait for the next Super Bowl in 2025 and hope they bring an entertaining star to create an entertaining performance.